Why does xbox live sign me out every 10-20 minutes?

1. Xbox live signs me out really frequently. I really want to know how to stop this. I've opened the NAT and it didn't help. I use a wired router on a DSL connection. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I always get signed out at a consistent rate. First I get signed out of the messenger, and about 30 seconds later I get signed out of live. Could it be my internet speed (which is 2mbps down and 0.5mbps up)?

User Info: ei3i0

ei3i0 - 6 years ago
    Well its on a router that also connects to my computer but i dont think thats slowing my internet down

User Info: ei3i0

ei3i0 - 6 years ago
    i have this problem and i use a Actiontec pk5000 gateway if you could please help me.

User Info: kripton77

kripton77 - 6 years ago

1. I had same problem, turned out to be that my router and dsl modem had a conflict. They both had the same ip address. Once I changed the ip address for my router the issue stopped. However a buddy with the same problem actually found a problem in the NAT. Run xbox live test a few times. It should say open but if it ever says strict then you have a NAT problem. here is a solution:

1. access your router settings through a pc directly connected to the router.
    2. turned UPnP on
    3. entered my Xbox 360's IP address in the DMZ address under DMZ host settings
    4. created active forwarding rules to open ports suggested by XBOX themselves
    5. manually set the IP address along with the subnet mask, primary DNS, and secondary DNS of my Xbox 360 to coincide with the info that the netgear settings display

these actions were done in an attempt to loosen the NAT restrictions, even though many times when i ran the Xbox live connection test is said my NAT was open. however, with the research i have done, i know this problem deals with the NAT and the ability for our networks to connect to other networks on Xbox live.

If you can give me your the type of router and dsl modem you are using I can give you better and more specific instructions.

User Info: meanchase

meanchase - 6 years ago 2 0

1. I would say your internet speed should be okay to play on live. Whilst on Xbox Live is any one else or any other device connected to the internet that could slow your connection down or lose connection completely.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0