Why isn't my play and charge kit working?

1. Let me explain my whole story. I bought the play and charge kit, but I didn't really care about playing wirelessly, so I just plugged the play and charge cable into my wireless controller, which had an empty battery pack. This way, I could play wired without having to worry about charging the battery pack or replacing batteries. Eventually, I decided to use the charge pack and play wirelessly, which I did for a while, but now the cable itself doesn't work. When I plug it into the xbox, the light on the cable doesn't turn red or green like it's supposed to, and it causes the power supply on the xbox to fail while the cable is plugged in. What might the problem be?

User Info: BigGerald

BigGerald - 6 years ago
    Check to see if there is any dust or dirt on the contacts that connect the battery and controller together. If there is any dust blow or wipe it away. Then plug the battery in again and see if the light on the cable lights up or not. This fixed my problem.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage - 6 years ago

Answers

1. After a while the play and charge kit wont work i recommend the Microsoft quick charge kit

User Info: sgarc3

sgarc3 - 6 years ago 0 0