Question from mmcai

No sound with HDMIcable?

I have the Xbox 360 Elite so i use the HDMI cable that came with it on my HDTV but theres no sound when im using it, worked fine before but all of a sudden it just stopped, so i switched to the component cable and the sound works, do i need a new cable?? or is something wrong with my TV and/or Xbox?

ReubinAlexander answered:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/11/21/ (SPACE) nxe-reportedly-causes-sound-issues-for-hdmi-users/

* While the Xbox 360 is turned off, remove the hard drive.
* Turn on the Xbox 360.
* Once the Dashboard loads, replace the hard drive.

I had the exact same problem, I JUST tried this and it worked.
2 0

Answers

Thistlebee answered:

Are you using the original blade Dashboard or have you updated to the New XBox Experience (NXE)? I have heard rumblings that there is a sound problem with the NXE when using an HDMI cable. I have heard about official work-arounds, but if you can live with the picture from the component cable then just use it until a patch or 'ultra new' Dashboard is posted. The official work-arounds seem a bit crazy to me, since I was more than happy with component video when I was using it. I am waiting to update to NXE until I hear solid posts about the sound-NXE-HDMI issue disappearing.
2 0

circaclimbers answered:

ReubinAlexander is right, do as he says and the problem is solved! WHEW!
1 0

circaclimbers answered:

Note however: this is a temporary fix, you must do this every time you start up your xbox. BOO :(
1 0

itwizz answered:

This problem was fixed months ago with the release of a new Dashboard Update of which there have been 3 since this was first posted.

Please close this question as you now have your answer.
0 0

No sound? Open swanton1124
Only sound no picture? Open laliberte11
Slight sound problem? Answered punkjuice
System turns on but no picture or sound? Answered shine7dust
How do i get my surround sound to work for my xbox 360? Open Spyro1303