Why does the game keep telling me to open tray?

1. The game is already in the tray and I have tried other games but still all it says is open tray.

User Info: pacmon619

pacmon619 - 7 years ago

1. it's not your magnet. this problem is most prone in the Samsung version of the xbox disc drive. you'll need to call 18004MYXBOX and hope it's still under warranty. if not it will cost you $99 to get it either fixed or replaced. when you get it back it will have a 1 month card for xbox live gold, and a renewed 1 year warranty.

User Info: TooEvil4Hell

TooEvil4Hell - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Sounds like your optical drive is dying and is unable to read disks anymore. You'll have to call Microsoft and order a repair, but it's going to cost you.

User Info: DarkLink_Hyrule

DarkLink_Hyrule (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Or (like my 360 just did) the top magnet inside the cd ROM has fallen off. all i did was open her up..glue the magnet back on the top part so the disc doesnt slip and can be read.

ohh yeah and sometimes i have to "kick start" my cd.. it's almost like the motor that turns the disc's is going bad but yeah either way its only a temporary fix and i wouldnt recommend doing it if ur 360 is under warranty.

User Info: etcher1981

etcher1981 - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. Your Xbox 360s DVD Drive's Laser is probaly stuffed. As it doesn't recognise that there is a disc in the tray. I had the same problem with my Arcade console, I sent it back to Microsoft under warranty and got it fixed, now it works as good as new.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0