Is it possible to plug the ethernet cable into a computer to share the connection?

1. My router setup is completely across the house from where the 360 is. I have a computer in my room that has a wireless link with the router. I've tried plugging the ethernet cable into the computer, but it won't seem to work. Is it possible?

User Info: Shaymojack

Shaymojack - 7 years ago

1. You have to setup Internet Connection Sharing or ICS. Google would be a much better help to you than myself though, as i've never done it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

User Info: Xileize

Xileize - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. ICS Is very messy to set up and I wouldn't recommend it, I know people who have repeatedly tried and failed to get it working and just settled for either Port Forwarding or using a DMZ in the router and connecting that way.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. I'm doing that right now and I've had few problems. YMMV, but it's worth a try, anyway. Better than paying out the nose for the wireless adapter.

User Info: Cherokee_Jack

Cherokee_Jack - 7 years ago 0 1