Question from Shaymojack

Is it possible to plug the ethernet cable into a computer to share the connection?

My router setup is completely across the house from where the 360 is. I have a computer in my room that has a wireless link with the router. I've tried plugging the ethernet cable into the computer, but it won't seem to work. Is it possible?

Answers

damien91 answered:

You have to setup Internet Connection Sharing or ICS. Google would be a much better help to you than myself though, as i've never done it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
1 0

itwizz answered:

ICS Is very messy to set up and I wouldn't recommend it, I know people who have repeatedly tried and failed to get it working and just settled for either Port Forwarding or using a DMZ in the router and connecting that way.
0 0

Cherokee_Jack answered:

I'm doing that right now and I've had few problems. YMMV, but it's worth a try, anyway. Better than paying out the nose for the wireless adapter.
0 1