Question from dramirez0135

Is it Better to have the xbox in a vertical or Horizantal?

Im just wondering which is better

gamerscult answered:

It is best to place your console horizontal because as stated if you are playing it vertical for example your pet dog or your mother could potentially knock it over and damage your disc. I would suggest that you dont place it on the direct floor or carpet where the system fans and ports can easily become filled with dust wich could cause miscomunication and system errors.

So the best way to place your console would be elevated from the floor in an open area placed horizontal on a stand. This way you have less changes to damage yor disc and the system obtains maximum airflow.
2 0

Answers

Alexisonfire360 answered:

I would say horizontal because it can't tip over. If it does tip over because it's vertical, your disks are going to get damaged.
1 4

54zerogamer54 answered:

Horizontal always i had it vertical and it tipped over and utterly destroyed my fallout 3 disc
0 2

4th_Element answered:

I have noticed that when horizontal, it gets slightly warmer when on carpet.
When vertical, if you tip it over, your disc is screwed... Unless you get it fixed at a game store. I brought my army of two game back from the dead using a lot of disc fixer though.

So if the console is close enough that your foot might hit it, have it horizontal for sure.
0 2

TooEvil4Hell answered:

Vertical is best if you want to keep your 360 from getting to hot. Just don't be stupid about where you put it. That way it doesn't get tipped over. But as long as you use common sense and set it up in a logical place. It should be fine.
0 0

whitemarth53 answered:

No always keep it horizontal. That way it won't tip over. Most importantly, when it is vertical one of the main airflow holes is being partially covered, allowing for it to get hot. Even though everyone with a 360 will inevitably get the RROD...
0 0

Azmod3aN answered:

Keep it horizontal. If you can, try to raise your xbox a bit from the surface. I use cut out styrofoam, cut in cubes, enough to be positioned below the rubber feet. My xbox is now well ventilated underneath. It makes a difference.
1 0

dyn0spectrum answered:

Horizontal has always been my preferred way of keeping my 360. Just make sure you don't have it laying on a carpet or something that is going to block the ventilation holes on the sides of the 360 console. I place 3 empty DVD cases underneath the console to elevate it a little and keep the ventilation holes off the ground, just high enough so that if it were to fall (which has never happened) it would do no harm. Also, keep your 360 in an open area and not in a cabinet where there is no air circulation.
0 0

haystack2082 answered:

Either way is fine. I prefer vertical because it takes up less space that way. My only real suggestion would be that you make sure that wherever you put it in relation to your TV, you make sure it's well ventilated and away from any heating/air conditioning vents. Trust me, you'll thank me when it's the middle of winter where you live and your in the middle of a cold snap and you got your heat pump cranked up to 80 degrees and the solder used to hold your 360's motherboard together doesn't melt.
0 0