Question from mariolakitu

Can I play XBOX games on the XBOX 360(elite)?

I'm planning to buy a XBOX360 elite, because I'm planning to buy games that are not on my current console(WII).
And why a elite, ok its more expensive but I've heard about the ring of death(something like that) at the normal one, the normal xbox360 will damage your disc one time.
But anyway, my question is(because i've never played on an xbox360), can I play XBOX games on it, if yes can I do it on the xbox360 elite too?

b2trumpet answered:

Yes, you can play original XBOX games on your Xbox 360 (including the Elite. It's the same thing.) BUT, there are some exceptions.

First, the game must be on the compatibility list. Not all original XBOX games work on the 360. If it is on the following list, it will work: www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Second, this past April, Microsoft cut off any online connection through all original XBOX games. That means that you cannot play online, talk to your friends, use the messaging system, or any online LIVE features while playing original XBOX games. In other words, you can only play Single Player or Split-Screen. This is ONLY when playing an original XBOX game.

So as long as the game is on the compatibility list above, and you don't plan on using online features for those games, then the game should work just fine.

I hope I helped. Please post if you have any more questions.
0 0

Answers

360spain07 answered:

You can play some games but not all of the them the same thing happened to me with a star wars game it said it couldnt play it i hope i helped.
0 0