Achievement Points?

1. Hi. I just recently got a 20 Gb Arcade Xbox 360, and I signed up for Xbox Live. So, anyway, I've earned plenty of achievements for the games I have, and I wanted to know what those 'points' I see next to the achievement when I get one. You know, when the achievement pops up, there's always a 10G or a 20G next to it? That's what I'm talking about. Any answers will be appreciated!

Thanks,

TheMercMaster

User Info: TheMercMaster

TheMercMaster - 6 years ago

1. The Points and Achievements are merely for bragging rights. The points themselves you can do nothing with, it just looks good to have a high number of them, especially if you get 1000/1000 on a game.

The Achievements are a bit different as they show off your skill in gaining certain special or hidden goals throughout a game and add a huge amount of game play to any game if you get into gaining Achievements.

People that like gaining 1000/1000 Achievements are normally described as 'Achievement Whores'. In the nicest possible way that is. :)

User Info: Bobs2010

Bobs2010 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 1

1. Gamer Score.

Gamerscore is made up of individual achievements all involving certain amounts of points (achievement points. Also; refer to it as Gamer Score. Certain individuals get upset when it's referred to as achievement points) per achievement earned. They are merely little collectible things implemented into the games for doing specific tasks or otherwise.

They do nothing other than, in most cases, show how much you've played a game.

Arcade games have a max of 12 worth 200
    Retail games have a max of 50 1000

User Info: Toastngravy

Toastngravy - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. Gamer Score.

Arcade games have a max of 12 worth 200
    Retail games have a max of 50 1000

User Info: Toastngravy

Toastngravy - 6 years ago 0 1
  3. Those 'points' are added to your gamer score when you unlock that achievement. you can't do anything with your gamer score (as far as i know) but if you have a lot then you can boast to your hearts content about them :L

User Info: Gamer-900

Gamer-900 - 6 years ago 0 0