Question from Capt_FaIcon

Does Xbox internet cost money, and what am I getting for it?

How much does Xbox Live internet cost, and what am I getting for it?

Why_Am_I_Here asked for clarification:

Thanks!
*I used my alt to ask the question*
How do I actually pay the $50 a year?
Like, does it require a credit card, will a check work or what?

Answers

edmullins73 answered:

Cost depends on whether you go monthly, quarterly, or yearly. (here the prices are $8.95 monthly, $24.95 quarterly, and $49.95 yearly). It lets you play with friend and general public all week (not just weekends), and allows you access to play games that require gold membership. Silver (free) members can play on the weekends but cannot play all games.
1 1

halloran95 answered:

You can use a credit card and buy the time on the Xbox itself, but you can also go to an electronics store like Best Buy or GameStop to buy a card which has a code to enter that enables Gold. I actually recommend going to the stores, because there are certain Gold Membership packs that also contain headsets to talk to other players, mini-keyboards to type messages, and Microsoft Points to use in the marketplace for downloadable content and arcade games.
I hope this helps.
1 0

mitsmirage answered:

It depends where you live and how longer gold membership you buy.
0 0