Question from galaxiadragon

My 360 stopped reading discs, no RROD, help please?

When I put in any game or DVD it just tries to read for a moment and then goes to "open tray". I've cleaned it but nothing seems to help. What are my options? Thanks in advance!

timo4142 answered:

Try calling Microsoft.
2 0

Answers

EoinOL answered:

Unless you want to attempt a drive repair (which will invalidate any warranty that may be in effect), then you'll need to contact Microsoft.
0 0

paulguiang answered:

If there is a problem reading a disc (dirty, unreadable) it should not be saying 'open tray' at all. Try to click open tray, if it opens the drive probably has problems recognizing any disc. Try to unplug the power cord for a couple of second and plug it on again. If you same problem again try to get it repaired.
0 0

teratoma answered:

i had the same problem. My 360 is not reading any discs (game, dvds, cds). otherwise the system works fine, I can go online, watch downloaded movies, etc.
You will have to contact microsoft. Go to www.xbox.com. you will need your serial number which you can find on the system, or in your xbox panel under i think it is system settings.

You can check if it is under warranty.
if it is, you can have them repair it for free. You can either supply your own bix and print out a shipping label, or have them ship you a box with instructions and a label, you just have to drop it off at a UPS location. (i did this) it will take about 2-3 weeks to repair.

If your warranty is expired, i think it is $80 to repair. You may be better off getting a new one.
0 1

TooEvil4Hell answered:

Top on the top of it when your console is attempting to read the disc. It may take a couple of tries but it is a potential temporary fix. There are plenty of videos on youtube about this.
0 0

ISOTEN answered:

if its under warranty its free but if it is over its year warranty is cost 120 dollars to fix. Same thing happened to me and i refuse to pay considering when it broke it was a month over its warranty
0 0

My 360 stopped reading discs what can I do? Open Martyrboy13
Why is my 360 not reading discs at all? Open Red_Minx1989
My Xbox 360 isn't reading discs? - Help! Open xE5oLJaHx
Why does the RRoD appear?? Answered showmast3r
What exactly causes an RROD? Answered DLSkywalker