My 360 stopped reading discs, no RROD, help please?

1. When I put in any game or DVD it just tries to read for a moment and then goes to "open tray". I've cleaned it but nothing seems to help. What are my options? Thanks in advance!

User Info: galaxiadragon

galaxiadragon - 7 years ago

1. Try calling Microsoft.

User Info: timo4142

timo4142 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Unless you want to attempt a drive repair (which will invalidate any warranty that may be in effect), then you'll need to contact Microsoft.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. If there is a problem reading a disc (dirty, unreadable) it should not be saying 'open tray' at all. Try to click open tray, if it opens the drive probably has problems recognizing any disc. Try to unplug the power cord for a couple of second and plug it on again. If you same problem again try to get it repaired.

User Info: paulguiang

paulguiang - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. i had the same problem. My 360 is not reading any discs (game, dvds, cds). otherwise the system works fine, I can go online, watch downloaded movies, etc.
    You will have to contact microsoft. Go to www.xbox.com. you will need your serial number which you can find on the system, or in your xbox panel under i think it is system settings.

You can check if it is under warranty.
    if it is, you can have them repair it for free. You can either supply your own bix and print out a shipping label, or have them ship you a box with instructions and a label, you just have to drop it off at a UPS location. (i did this) it will take about 2-3 weeks to repair.

If your warranty is expired, i think it is $80 to repair. You may be better off getting a new one.

User Info: teratoma

teratoma - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. Top on the top of it when your console is attempting to read the disc. It may take a couple of tries but it is a potential temporary fix. There are plenty of videos on youtube about this.

User Info: TooEvil4Hell

TooEvil4Hell - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. if its under warranty its free but if it is over its year warranty is cost 120 dollars to fix. Same thing happened to me and i refuse to pay considering when it broke it was a month over its warranty

User Info: ISOTEN

ISOTEN - 7 years ago 0 0