Question from saalvaars

My Xbox 360 isn't running any games anymore?

About 2 months back, I was playing Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, and I suddenly hear a kind of buggy sound coming from the disk tray and then it says my disk could not be read. So I decided I had played enough and let my Xbox rest for a while. I came back to it about 2 days later and now it won't read any disc, it starts reading it, you hear the sound, and then the game doesn't get read. It only say's "Open Tray" . This is not the first time this has happened. I had the same open tray problem around January 2011, but last time I actually knew what caused it. I had moved the Xbox around with a disk inside of it without taking it out. But, this time I did nothing but keep it on a shelf below my TV.
If it helps, I keep my Xbox on the shelf horizontal and I do not get the Red-Ring of Death when I try to start or play any of the discs it just won't read any of my disks. I have tried other games like Dead Space 2 and Modern Warfare 2, but they all just say "Open Tray". Indy games and other games already installed on my Xbox are working everything else is fine.

Answers

b2trumpet answered:

Since disc games are failing to work, and installed games work fine, it means that the disc drive is practically dead. The best solution for you right now is to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and see what they can offer you for repairs.

It will cost around $100 to get fixed without warranty if you request the repair yourself. You can do that here:
myservice.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

It will cost around $112 if you call the phone number and have them do it.

Best of luck with your Xbox. You have a pretty common problem, so don't get too stressed over it.
0 0