Question from Nistal

Can you license transfer without hard drive transfer?

I recently had an xbox red ring. Now I asked this on the forum but this seems more a better place.

If I did a license transfer and recovered my gamerprofile on the new xbox and downloaded an arcade game I owned.

Will the I still be able to hard drive transfer without any problems or should I wait and do the hard drive transfer first before I do the license?

Answers

b2trumpet answered:

You should be able to do the transfer just fine. I don't see anyway for there to be an issue.
Just so you know, license transfers just let you use the content while offline because it's licensed to the Xbox. You can still download the arcade game again without the license transfer and play it, but you have to be connect to the internet (doesn't need to be gold).
0 0