Question from crazzyalex10

How do i dis-activate parental control problem?

I bought a used xbox 360 on craigslist and I've had for a few months so the other day i was going to download fortress craft on Xbox live and it said i could not do this with the parental control activated so i tried to deactivate it and i needed a password so i tried resetting the console to factory default and i couldn't and I've looked on internet but nothing works and i need help so someone please help me the dash board is 2.0.14699.0
P.S i cant back to the guy that sold it to me it was 130 and i paid 90

Answers

VenkmanPHD answered:

First off, call the guy and see if you can get him to give you his password for that so you can shut that censorship nonsense off.

If that doesn't work, try contacting 1-800-4-MY-XBOX Generally speaking they can handle basic troubleshooting, so this may qualify.

You could also try formatting the HDD if you haven't done that yet. Though, I would look into this as I am not sure it would actually reset this particular setting.

All in all, your best bet is to contact the guy, and/or keep trying Google with differant keywords.

And in the end, remember never to set up parental controls people.
Censorship is evil, and it does more harm than good.
0 0