Question from calvinj10

How do i get my data off of my unformatted Xbox 360 hard drive?

A few weeks ago I turned on my Xbox to see a black error screen. After some time I tried removing my hard drive and it worked just fine, I plugged the drive back in and booted it up to find that it unformatted itself some how. I wanted to know if there was a way i could get my data off the drive without reformatting it, or if there is some place that can do it for me. Any help is appreciated as I don't want to lose 3 years of saved games, and if it helps i have the older Xbox, not the slim.

Answers

Darth_Stalin answered:

Unfortunately there is no way to get the data off of an unformatted drive. In this state the 360 cannot read the data on the hard drive and cannot collect any new data. In order to get the hdd working again it must be successfully reformatted which will wipe all the data. Same thing happened to me about a month ago and I lost 6-7 years worth of data that filled a 120GB HDD.
0 0