Question from Ichigo_kurasaki

New Games Lock up on me, can some one help?

When I first got my X-box360 I got L4D and my friend let me borrow Fable II and Fallout 3, now when ever I try to play these games they will lock up after 30 minutes to an hour of game play(sometimes less) at first I thought the discs were dirty, but games like Bioshock, Dead Rising and Blue Dragon work perfectly, and they have really smudgy discs. Can any one help me with this problem?

Nixedantur answered:

Probably a bad update. Try and clear your hard drive cache.

To do this, go to the system menu & select memory. Press "Y" with the HDD highlighted. Then press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. It will ask you if you want to perform maintenance - select yes.

If you do this, all updates downloaded will have to be downloaded again. Nothing on your HDD should be lost that you want to keep. If the problem you are experiencing was caused by a corrupt file, it should be gone. Pop the games back in, redownload the updates, and hopefully the issue will be resolved. However, some games are just prone to do this - it was Oblivion for me, and I just saved as often as I could.
0 0