Question from IcyCore

Is is possible to copy game data from a disk to the hard drive?

I've been wanting an answer to this for some time. I've had trouble running my Fable II disk, and everyone tells me to download it to the hard drive, but i dont know how to do this! Please explain.

Silverbolt94 answered:

I had the same problem with my Lost Planet disc. I just downloaded it to my hard drive and it works fine.

Make sure the disc is in the your X-Box, then go to My Xbox, then Game Library. Select Fable II (or whichever game you want to download) then select "Install To Hard Drive." And there you go.
2 0

Answers

link985q75 answered:

yes, it is possible to copy a game data to the hard drive. Go to the page with games and go to the option that says play game. There should be an option that says save to hard drive.
3 3

gatewayzpoint answered:

No it's not possible unless you mod your 360 which i am fully against. Link explains a way to make your game more smoother and make less noise hence less heat hence a less chance of RRoD.
Link's way is to go to the "my games" section and then click on fable 2. Then click the option: "Install to hard drive" but i really don't think it will work without the cd.
1 3

oriyley answered:

Yes, you can copy copy the games contents from the game disk to the XBox 360 Hard Drive. The main advantage of this is less wear and tear on the game disk itself. Silverbolt94 does an excellent job of explaining how to do this.

The Xbox360 implements a crude form of copyright protection by requiring the game disk be in the console when the game is launched. However, if you choose to play the game from the Hard Disk the Xbox360 really does do just that.

One thing to note: if a game spans multiple disks (Blue Dragon comes to mind) after copying the second or third disks my experience has been that the validation requires the same disk. In other words, you can't run play the third disk off of your hard drive and validate off of the first game disk.
1 0