Why won't my wireless USB receiver work on my 360?

1. I have a TrendNet Wireless-N USB Receiver and when I plug it into my Xbox 360, the system doesn't even recognize it. The Xbox website says I need to adjust the wireless settings in the Network Settings menu, but I can't even access the wireless settings. Please help!

User Info: logan48227

logan48227 - 7 years ago

1. Check xbox's website and see if the model of wireless router you have is compatible with an xbox. You can look it up on Microsoft's website, just do a search for it. Might have to buy a LynkSys, most all of them are compatible with it.

User Info: DAZ121

DAZ121 - 7 years ago 1 0

1. You may need to update your Xbox to support N wireless networks. Is it even compatible with the Xbox 360 console. You may need to purchase a genuine wireless 'N' adapter (black with two antennas, the orginal white one doesn't support 'N' networks. Also your router may not support 'N' adapters either.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0