Question from phantom_reaper

Any tricks to keep the 360 well-ventilated?

I need some help. My 360 keeps freezing, and I suspect ventilation issues. I have it next to a window, and if I move it, it'll probably be worse...any tips?

Thanks in advance

DAZ121 answered:

Make sure its stable, and on a hard surface and not a carpet or rug or something like that. I'd say maybe put a fan by it to help increase air flow around the machine and going into it as long as its not a dusty area. Dust off would be good to shoot in there to try and see if there is any built up dust. Other then that keep an eye on how warm it gets after an hour of play by touching it, maybe changing its position every now and then on the hard surface to a cooler part of the surface. Although it's possible you could be at the early stages of the 3 Red Lights of Death. But thats another issue thats def written about somewhere on here, lol. Even my UPs guy knew about that one before I even got mine back he knew what was in that familiar sized and looking box.
3 1

Answers

MrsShinZero answered:

They sell neat little laptop tables at Staples that are pretty cheap. They are designed to be used in bed. I had a great little one that had slots right in if for ventilation and it will keep your console elevated and easier to dust.
1 1

thisladlvsbeer answered:

Dude you can buy cooler units (fans) that clip onto the back of your console, there cheap and do the job, bit loud though, try Amazon or play they'll have one.
0 4

Harrisonw8 answered:

You can buy 2 types of cooler for your 360, one that goes on the back of your xbox and is automatic,turning on when the xbox turns on and off a little while after you turn off your xbox - generally around $15.00. The other one is $19.00. And your xbxo has to stand up also it is not automatic. The both provide roughly around the same the ventelation. Hope I could help
1 1

jean_borrero answered:

Open your 360 up and vacuum the dust out of it. It can easily get thick in between the heat sink blades.
1 0

FOLLOWJESUS answered:

okay first i had red rings of death twice first time it wasn't well ventilated thus causing the hardware to described by the microsoft guy "" Literally burned out without you knowing ""
okay he gave me a peice of paper tell me how to keep it ventelated two options :

Option One :
Buy a Extra cooling fan wich works really well and is worth the $150.

Option two : Keep your Xbox 360 on a hard surface that is not carpet or rug, keep the space around it clean and dust free have a window open always , place it Horizontally not vertically <--- Its just for looks. and also remember not to over play and if your downloading something that takes 2 hrs plus keep a fan of it. If ur not near it.
hope i can help. Its from marc expereince
Marc =]
1 0

mitsmirage answered:

Put you xbox 360 in a very well ventilated area, not in a cupboard or by any items that produce heat like HDTVs, heaters, etc.

Other people suggest buying fan attachments but they are a waste of money and cause the RROD issue to occur more likely then using no fan attachment. Some also scorch the power supply which causes even more issues. DO NOT USE FAN ATTACHMENTS!!!
0 1

darkash22 answered:

Do not use fan attachments,cuz this reduces even more the air flow.use regular fans.place your xbox360 on marble or granite,it will act as heatsink.(it really works,i've experienced it).
0 1

jcatbc answered:

You can vacum the fan or send it to Microsoft, DO NOT ignore the problem i did that with a Wii I owned and after only a month it broke and could not be fixed.(the warranty was up)
0 0