Why is my 360 not reading discs at all?

1. I'll put the disc in the tray, close it, and it will say "Reading Disc" for a few seconds, then tell me to insert disc, as if it's not there. The discs are fine, so that isn't the problem. At first I thought it was because it was overheated, so I didn't play that day. I try today and it still won't work. This isn't the first time this has happened, but I usually can get it to work soon by resetting the console. It's getting to be a pain to be honest. MS, next time actually test the goddamn thing before you send it back to me!

User Info: Red_Minx1989

Red_Minx1989 - 7 years ago
    Red Minx--Did this problem show up after you got your xbox back from MS? Because I am having the same disc read error problem with a few of my games, even a brand new one.

User Info: TurnbullAC

TurnbullAC - 7 years ago

1. Ofcourse if you do send it into microsoft and you don't have warranty you'll have to pay upwards of 80 and then it'll probably just break again after a couple of months as microsoft are the mother of all con artists

User Info: Ilikebeans2005

Ilikebeans2005 - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Call MS and send the console in for repair.

User Info: Renamon

Renamon - 7 years ago 1 2
  2. If you don't have a warranty you can get a tool to open the system for less than $20. Inside is a panel screw dial that controls the lasers sensitivity. Don't turn it up too much though, if it is too high it will burn out, and then you're SOL.

User Info: Hellyeah42

Hellyeah42 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. You can buy a cd that has some brushes and as it spins it cleans the lenses making it work better?

User Info: the_best_fisher

the_best_fisher - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Sounds like it's time for you to replace the console.

User Info: Kenbo325

Kenbo325 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. You'd best call Miscrosoft for a repair or get a replacement console.

User Info: MickMcKay360

MickMcKay360 - 5 years ago 0 0