Question from Red_Minx1989

Why is my 360 not reading discs at all?

I'll put the disc in the tray, close it, and it will say "Reading Disc" for a few seconds, then tell me to insert disc, as if it's not there. The discs are fine, so that isn't the problem. At first I thought it was because it was overheated, so I didn't play that day. I try today and it still won't work. This isn't the first time this has happened, but I usually can get it to work soon by resetting the console. It's getting to be a pain to be honest. MS, next time actually test the goddamn thing before you send it back to me!

TurnbullAC asked for clarification::

Red Minx--Did this problem show up after you got your xbox back from MS? Because I am having the same disc read error problem with a few of my games, even a brand new one.

Answers

modemman11 answered:

Call MS and send the console in for repair.
1 2

Ilikebeans2005 answered:

Ofcourse if you do send it into microsoft and you don't have warranty you'll have to pay upwards of 80 and then it'll probably just break again after a couple of months as microsoft are the mother of all con artists
1 0

Hellyeah42 answered:

If you don't have a warranty you can get a tool to open the system for less than $20. Inside is a panel screw dial that controls the lasers sensitivity. Don't turn it up too much though, if it is too high it will burn out, and then you're SOL.
0 0

the_best_fisher answered:

You can buy a cd that has some brushes and as it spins it cleans the lenses making it work better?
0 0

Kenbo325 answered:

Sounds like it's time for you to replace the console.
0 0

MickMcKay360 answered:

You'd best call Miscrosoft for a repair or get a replacement console.
0 0