Question from Cherokee_Jack

NAT type is Moderate, how to change it to Open?

My 360 is saying that my router's NAT type is Moderate, and I've been trying the canned solutions (making sure UPnP is on, etc.), plus updating my router's firmware, with no luck. From what I found from googling, I think I might have to change my port forwarding settings, but I can't forward to my 360's IP address, because the one the 360 automatically obtains isn't compatible with the router settings. ie, it should be aaa.aaa.a.a, but instead it's aaa.aaa.b.a, and I can't change the errant digit in my router's config page (it presumes that the right digit should be in that place, and only lets me enter the last digits). I would manually set the 360's IP, but I can't connect at all that way.

Any help?

Brokaliv asked for clarification:

What kind of router do you have?

TripleXRated asked for clarification:

What brand and model of router do you have?

kup1559 answered:

You have to open the ports on the router, I had the same problem. Call xbox and they will walk you through it.
2 0

Answers

maazbazmi answered:

hmmwell you have to go to your router settings and keep UPnP open and here is a helpful site www.noddegamra.co.uk/problems-with-xbox-360-live-nat-settings/3/
0 0

maazbazmi answered:

HMM i think you should try to port forward www.portforward.com/ this site helped quite a bit it is basically a walk through process
0 0