Can I use my laptop to connect my 360 to the internet?

1. I have my Laptop on a wireless connection but I don't fancy forking out an extra 60 for a Wireless adapter for my 360 when I'm sure I could use my laptops Hardwire ports. I keep my laptop like 6 feet away from my 360 and rarely move it any further than that.

Has anyone got any idea how I would do this or will I have to give Microsoft more of my hard earned cash? Not that I'm being stingy but the amount I have spent on accessories (3 Charger kits/2 Wireless pads/2 Head sets/60GB HD/HDMI cables...... Probably more stuff)

User Info: GOKU33k

GOKU33k - 7 years ago

1. Yes you can use your laptop for you xbox 360 but you will need internet wire

User Info: moe725

moe725 - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-laptop-as-an-XboxXbox-360-wireless-adap/

That may answer your question, but I take no credit.

User Info: -Led_Zeppelin-

-Led_Zeppelin- - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. You can do this because I do it with my own Xbox. Follow these steps and it should work. 1. you need the Xbox to be connected to the Laptop. 2. You need to have the Wi-Fi on your laptop. 3. Go to your Wireless connection properties. 4. Go to advanced and then click on the internet connection shaing tick box, then on the drop down menu pick the Local area connection setting which will be the Xbox. Try that first after doing that in the Test Xbox Live connection in Network. If that works then you are sorted. If not then go to settings and turn on The first two and the UPnP settings then try after that. I hope it works. Send me a XMS (Xbox message) to ImmergingCorpse if it does work

User Info: omega-sonic

omega-sonic - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Yes you can

User Info: Kenbo325

Kenbo325 - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. Yes you can, you need to buy an ethernet cable

User Info: Damo_25

Damo_25 - 7 years ago 0 1