Question from Mr_Basara

How do you back up your hard drive?

That's pretty much as simple as it comes. I read about someone talking about people stupidly not backing up their hard drives, just in case. Well... I didn't even know that was possible... How do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

oOXaianOo asked for clarification:

Im not sure what they were talking about but there is no OFFICIAL way to backup game saves besides a memory card or the data migration cable. Im sure there is a way to connect the SATA HDD to your PC an backup stuff but again... this isnt an official/safe way.

gozoff answered:

With a Xport 360 you can back up your hard drive and even your memory cards to your PCs hard drive here's the link to the site: //uk.codejunkies.com/Products/XB360-Xport__EF000191.aspx EB usually sells there products
2 0

Answers

benbonney answered:

There are a few unofficial methods ive heard of out there, and i believe them to come from datel (like always) check it out, only other way it to get a portable hdd or large pen drive and find software to format it into a 360 mem card but from my experiance they are unstable
1 0

66Tiamat66 answered:

The best way to back things up is to have XBL. This will save your gamertag/score in case your hard drive fails.

Any important saves for games should be copied or moved onto a memory card as backup.

I had my hard drive fail and lost a 50K gamerscore and all the saves I had to go with it. Make sure you have these backups before you lose them for good.
0 2

mlg_oriongamer answered:

Try a hard drive for like a computer just plug the usb port or a memory stick into the usb port located in the fron of the console try that
1 1

mitsmirage answered:

At the moment Microsoft have not released any product to do this, you can save your game saves to a memory unit and any small size downloable content to back it up. Profiles and large DLC can not be backed up to any device.
0 0