Question from MADRID13

Which Router Should I Buy For LIVE: Net Gear or inksys or Other ?

PLEZZZ help me I am geting a router but I don't know which router. Should I buy a WirelessRouter or a WireRouter PLEEZZZ HELP ME!!!!!!

Answers

Zek_99 answered:

If you want to spend the extra cash, get a wireless router just because it can be handy if you get a laptop or something, but even if you get a wireless router it will still have ports for the cable, but if your stuck for cash just get the non-wireless router instead.

Router brand is up to you.
1 1

SMB_Austin answered:

My dad hooked up a Linksys I think with Att and I use it for 360 and it works great. Also i would get Wireless if you can afford it as it makes most of the wired routers hook-up work be gone.
1 0

HollowRyo answered:

Wireless routers can be quite handy, but at times they're expensive. Even though I prefer wired connections, which are more reliable, wireless routers offer more freedom, so you can move your console anywhere. Also, like Zek said, most wireless routers have cable ports on the back for Ethernet cables like the one included with your basic Xbox 360 console.

Also, there is a downside to using a wireless router via Ethernet cables. If you play Halo 3, you may recieve a message saying "Your NAT is "Strict" (or "Moderate"), which is less compatible with other network types." To counter this, however, you need an Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter ($99.99 US, but only $49.99 if you know someone wh can get a discount with the Microsoft Store like I did ). (Also see a related answer I gave about NAT settings by going to www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/qna/927749.html?qid=78316)
0 0

Alive_trooper answered:

A NetGear wireless would be good, NetGear is good for gaming, I use LinkSys which gives me an alright connection but can lag like crazy at times.
0 0

Brain_Fillets answered:

Wired or wireless doesn't really matter, but like others have suggested if you plan on getting a laptop then go with the wireless. Whichever one you decide on, just make sure it has the ability to move the amount of data you need to game with. There are basic home routers that are good for basic internet users that just browse web pages and check their email. Then, there are routers made for gaming and high traffic set ups, so make sure you do your research before you purchase so you don't waste your money. You don't necessarily need to buy the most expensive router out there, but I wouldn't skimp either.

Personally, I use a DLink wireless router. It's a gigabit router with wireless n capability, which is nice if you have roommates or siblings and you guys like to play local multiplayer or have folder shares running on your computers. I always thought that DLink was kind of the bottom of the barrel when it came to router manufacturers, but after having 3 LinkSys routers go out on me in 2 years I decided to try them. I've had my current router for about 2 years and it works great.
0 0

mitsmirage answered:

I have a Belkin wireless router that works perfectly. Wireless Routers are better then wired. When I connect to live using my 360 I connect it via a ethernet cable instead of using it wirelessly as I don't have the wireless adapter for the 360.

If you buy a wireless router make sure you create a secure connection using a password so no one can hack onto your internet connection and use your internet for free.
0 0

Karawr answered:

Wireless WOULD NOT be my first choice, the connection will not be as good, because 360 wireless sucks at times. I personally got a long belkin cord, and just connected it to my modem and 360, its cheaper and has better connection, The only problem is the long cord I have across my LR XD
0 0