Question from killer_kupkake

Do any Xbox 360 Elites have the Jasper Chip?

I'm looking to buy an Elite, but would like to know if I should wait for them to get Jaspers.

From: LordSepiroth666 5 years ago

I highly doubt your Elite has a Jasper chipset. So far, there have been no Elites spotted that have a Jasper motherboard. Only the Xbox 360 Arcade and Premium/Pro models have been spotted with the Jasper chipset.

There are plenty of ways of identifying a Jasper Xbox 360. Only a few are reliable. I'll tell you how to discover whether it's a Jasper or a Falcon.

The Xbox 360 box has a hole at the top of it where the bar code of the console is visible. Clerks usually scan this when you buy one. What you need to do it look at the lower left corner of this box. If you peer closely you can make out at least half of the voltage/amperage rating of the unit. The # of amps used by the 12 volt rail is the key to determining which console it is.

14.2 amps equals a Falcon unit (65nm CPU, 90nm GPU). There's nothing wrong with having one of these. You might not be able to see the whole voltage listing just through the peep-hole, but you should at least be able to see if a 14.2A or 12.1A is just to the left of the "5V".

12.1 amps equals a Jasper unit (65nm CPU, 65nm GPU). This voltage rating is also listed above the power input, but of course you can't see that when it's in the box.

Another way to tell if your model is a Jasper. You can look at the power connector when you unpack the console. If you can see two flat bars on top of the 6 metal connectors, then you have a Jasper. If there's only one long bar, then you either have a Falcon, or a refurbished Zephyr board.

There has been a lot of discussion about lot #'s, power supply ratings, and things of that nature being used to find Jaspers. I have found those to be unreliable.

14.2 amps = Falcon unit;
12.1 amps = Jasper unit.

The best way to improve your chances of getting a Jasper is to go for an Arcade model. This seems to be the richest Jasper series yet. And as far as Elites go, nobody has spotted any Jasper's so far.

The thing is not every Arcade is a Jasper, some of them are Falcons.

The speciality of the Jasper chipset is that it is expected to improve the reliability issues that have plagued the Xbox 360 since its launch. The biggest change is the newly redesigned motherboard, which should help alleviate the infamous Red Ring of Death problem. Attached to the motherboard is a new 65-nanometer graphic chip. This new chip will consume less power and run cooler.

Hope this helped.

The only Elite to ever be confirmed to have a jasper is the Resident Evil 5 limited edition bundle. All regular Elite consoles will either be Falcons or Zephyr chipsets.

What is the Jasper Chip?

No i saw a jasper 360 at bestbuy it had 12 1a voltage you also have to look at the manfacturing date to make sure

LordSepiroth666 I don't know about that answr you gave. my 360 elite was manufactured on 02-22-08, it has a 14.2 amps but it also does have those 2 metal bars on top of the 6 metal conectors on my power supply so I don't know what I have, jasper or falcon. hopefuly the falcons are reliable on eliminating the red ring of dead problem because I don't wan't to have to buy another 360.

FINDING THE JASPER CHIPSET IN THE BOX!!!

LordSepiroth666 is right everyone...

14.2 amps equals a Falcon unit (65nm CPU, 90nm GPU).You might not be able to see the whole voltage listing just through the peep-hole, but you should at least be able to see if a 14.2A or 12.1A is just to the left of the "5V".

12V...12.1A:5V...1A <~~~Look for this and just below it says MADE IN CHINA

MADE IN CHINA

12V...14.2A:5V...1A <~~~This is a Falcon Chipset it is 14.2A

MADE IN CHINA

There has been a lot of discussion about lot #'s, power supply ratings, and things of that nature being used to find Jaspers. I have found those to be unreliable.Some Jasper's came with a 175W power supply (like the Falcons used). They are probably trying to use up all the older PSU's and thus it was packed with the unit. Keep in mind that even if the Jasper only needs 150W it's not a issue to power it with a 175W supply, just like people who put 700W PSU's in their PC's for no apparent reason.

So yes, check the amperage rating of the unit at the back -- it's the most sure-fire way to find a Jasper.

12.1 amps equals a Jasper unit !!!!!