Review by joeyissoweird

"Are you For Real? - A n00b review"

Remember the Xbox? Yeah, wasn't that great? Although, it came to my big brother while I got just a wittle Gamecube that I barely played. But I still played the games and knew about upcoming games for the Xbox. Well, throw that Xbox in the trash because Xbox 360 can knock your Xbox to the ground if it had arms and legs. This is the review of an Xbox 360 from someone who does not know much about computing except basic HTML, typing 100wpm, and getting hacks to my PSP so I can pwn n00bs on Medal of Honor Heros 2.

I gave this system a 9/10 because of the Playstation 3. Playstation 3's blu-ray player allows game developers to store much more on one disc that can store up to 200GB. But, I won't take off a lot of points for Microsoft for having a brain. If they put in a blu-ray player, expect spending $150 more on a console that will end Microsoft's gaming career. Which will never happen.

Let me talk about the games. Afterall, it's the games that make a lot of the console. Well, actually for the Playstation 3, it's the console that makes the game developers think twice about having their game be a "Playstation 3 only" game. Okay, we have great games for the Xbox 360. Perfect Dark Zero, Mass Effect, Halo 3, and Gears of War. Although, you can play some of these games on the PC, screw the PC. Well, don't throw it away because GameFaqs needs people with a PC in order to view it 24/7. Also GameStop. Well, although there are games for the PS3 thats also for the Xbox 360, choose wisely. $80 for Game variable x or $50 for Game variable x? Don't forget the Wii exists, but I'll forget that for now.

Xbox Live is a major thing for the Xbox 360. Many things has changed from the Xbox in Xbox Live for the Xbox 360. While you think there's only a war in Iraq going on and Console wars, there's actually something else. Internet access on a gaming console war. Playstation 3 has the Playstation Network, The Wii has the.. Wii Network thing with wi-fi, and the Xbox 360 has Xbox Live. Things are going down. Wii is winning against the Xbox 360 with it's retro games, but Xbox Live is going to have a tie with it's wonderful multiplayer games. Xbox Live has free demos, as well. So if you're bored with Halo 3 multiplayer, Gears of War multiplayer, and Call of Duty, then hop on board and play the demo of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition multiplayer.

The design for the system has changed dramatically. Xbox was just a short, flat rectangle that looked ugly. It looked dusty even if you bought it new. It looked old if you bought it new. Nothing could make that thing look brand new and shiny and just stick out. It was like a Nintendo Entertainment System in the seventh generation of gaming console designs. But, Xbox 360 has fixed that. Microsoft had it's first attempt at Xbox's design, but failed. But look at the Xbox 360. I'm actually reviewing Xbox 360 Halo 3 edition because I own it so I will say this, look at the Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox 360 design! Looks like a Pc tower with the sides curved in like Slim Smoothie. Look at the orange and green design, I have nothing else to say about the design except wow. This beats Playstation 3 and.. Playstation 3! Sorry, but the Wii can knock your face off, Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition.

Backward Compatibility is great and all, but only a few games? I know there's more than just 200+ games out there for the Xbox. Think of the people who has to keep their Xbox just to play their favorite game while everyone thinks it's just Okay so it wasn't a hit? Sorry, but you fail at that. But it is a great thing you can play Halo, Halo 2, and other hits on the Xbox 360. It does have some Multiplayer problems with Backward Compatibility. The Xbox had some games with Multiplayer around the world incase you didn't know. You being the people who's reading this.

The controllers for the, well I'm reviewing the Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox 360 console so I'll review that, although it does look similar, just a difference in color. The controllers look absolutely stunning. Well, it's not actually a big difference except it's thinner, lighter, and the select and start buttons are moved. But it's still a different than the regular. It loses in the Controller Wars of the seventh generation. But I don't have anything else of the Seventh Generation so I'm keeping the 9/10 score.

There's nothing else a n00b like me can say so I'll end this review. Thank you for reading. Overall, buy? Yes. Yes! Get a job if you're underage. Work at Mcdonalds until you can pay for an Xbox 360 that rules the world.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/30/08

Game Release: Xbox 360 Halo 3 Hardware (US, 09/14/07)