Review by Bl4d3Gunn3r

"A top console"

The xbox 360 is an amazing console, imo much better than the PS3 and I do have both, I thoroughly enjoy playing my 360 and I hope this review will help you make the best choice.

Layout/interface: 10/10
The xbox itself looks amazing, a nice sleek white and it is of an excellent size. It can stand vertical or horizontal, and should fit in a reasonable small space, a very nice design. The dashboard when the xbox is on is fantastic. It is so easy to understand and looks nice. It is easy to access friends list when in a game and navigation is excellent.

Games: 10/10
The 360 has everything a gamer needs, sport, shooters, RPG's. It has tons of excellent exclusive such as Mass Effect, Lost odyssey, Halo, Gears of war, Forza and lots lots more, much more than the PS3's poor exclusives. The 360 also has standard multi-console hits such as Oblivion, GTA and FF13. I also noticed that games run much better on my 360. I had GTA on PS3 originally and it took about 5 minutes to load the game, so I took it back and got the 360 version and it took about 2 minutes.

Xbox Live: 10/10
Never has the phrase ‘you get what you pay for been more appropriate'. I have online on my PS3 and its rubbish, laggy, annoying people. Xbox live… the low cost of 60 bucks for 12 months of play, there is little lag and it's easy to mute annoying people. Games such as Halo are amazing simply because of xbox live.

Controller: 10/10
Well, its comfortable, every button is easy to push, and the thumbsticks are well gripped and in ideal positions. Also the controller has a rumble feature unlike the PS3 and the triggers actually work. PS3 controller is way too light, talk about rehash. The triggers don't work and my fingers slip off the controller. Xbox is far superior.

Graphics and sound: 10/10
Of course this does depend on the game, but the very best of the 360 graphics, Gears of War are immense. The 360 has awesome graphical capabilities. The sound is also lovely, nice and clear; the music it can play from the media center is also of top top quality.

Features and extras: 10/10
Media center can play videos, DVD's and music, it is off amazing quality and is very easy to use. There is a marketplace on the dashboard of the 360 where you can download free demos for games or buy mini-games such as worms for a reasonable price. Hardware extras include memory cards; charges for controllers etc and these are all very nicely priced.

Perfect console, I love it, the games are excellent graphics are top quality; its easy to use has amazing variety and basically beats the PS3 in everyway, including prices. It's well under 400 bucks and I think you're a complete and utter idiot to not go and buy a 360 right NOW! Best console of this generation by a few million miles, and that is an understatement. I cannot express how much I prefer this to my PS3. It's the best games console you are able to buy. BUY!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/29/08, Updated 10/31/08

Game Release: Xbox 360 Hardware (EU, 12/02/05)