Review by BitchDude

"One of the best Adventure based games for the 360."

I don't have many RPGs in my gaming history, but I'm glad I purchased this game. I was bought it just wanting a solid lengthy RPG to play, without knowing much about it, and it turned out to be a completely worthy purchase. This game has for sure gotten me into the RPG type genre of games. And I can only pray for a sequel to this. Once I got started on this game, it consumed me. One day I spent 12 hours straight playing and not being bored for a second of it.

The game was incredible in almost all aspects. The game is so in-depth, and adventurous. The graphics are awesome. They're done by the same dude that did Dragon Ball Z. I'm not a huge fan of that, but the graphics are actually quite fitting in this game. The story-line is sick, and it's way long so you'll be engrossed by this game for a long time. It took me 50 plus hours to beat it. The soundtrack is great too. It's a work of art and always works pretty good with the different scenarios. This soundtrack is way better than your average game.

And the game play is incredible, between the battles, the characters, the side missions, leveling up, and a load more. The skills and classes are also really cool. You can level each of your characters up with whatever classes you want. Each class has skills that are beneficial for different purposes. Like, black magic (magic attacks), white magic (for healing players), sword, monk, and assasin ( all physical attack classes), and many other ones a well. I like that you aren't just stuck with one class, and it's ultimately your choice of which players learn what. The places and characters in the game are so diverse. There's a pretty big sized map too. I recommend this title to anybody with a 360.

The only thing that bums me out is that Blue Dragon lacks online play. If the developers could've just figured out how to add that one last thing to the game, it would be a masterpiece. As well as give you more play time, and have a bigger fan base. But regardless, it's still a great game, and the replay value also seems good, I can't wait to play through it again. There is a free ultra-hard mode available for download on the marketplace.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/03/08

Game Release: Blue Dragon (US, 08/28/07)