Review by Meltedlce

"This Game is generally good with some screw-ups."

PREY:

This game is really good. I mean the story is great and the gameplay really throws some new thing into the genre, but thats not enough to make it perfect. When I first downloaded the demo on Xbox Live, I thought the game was gonna be amazing. The way the mood was set and the story was told, it seemed pretty deep. Well the game starts out exactly where the demo does and it goes from there.

STORY: 9

I am going to give the story a 9 out of 10 because its not long enough. I mean the story has so many plot twists and everything but it just seemed like they told you one thing, and then onto the next twist without getting into detail and filling in plot holes. The story had so much potential. I really enjoyed it though. And if you watch after the credits, you'll see that there is going to be more to the story. So its not over yet.

GAMEPLAY: 9

The gameplay is fantastic. I mean they added so many cool things in this game. Spirit walk is the best I think because it really added depth to the puzzles and made you think to get things done. The guns in the game are awesome and everything but they all do the same thing: kill. None of them require that much skill to use them. The melee weapon is a joke. The only reason I didnt give it a 10 is becuase the penalty of death is so small. When you are killed, your health bar is replenished half way automatically, then you are sent to a spirit world where you shoot flying things colored red or blue. If you sucessfully hit one of them, it will fill up your spirit or health depending on which color you hit. Then you are sent back to your body exactly where you died and can just keep on shooting. The bosses in the game are so insanely easy. They have one bar of health that goes down pretty quick.

SOUND: 10

The sounds in this game are beautiful. I mean just beautiful. I love the emotion that the music gives when the time is right. Especially when the slow down the title theme. The guns in this game have sounds that match them well. It really does its job. One sound that I hate the most is the locked door sound, and the sound of the Elite Hunters lining their lasers sight on you.

MULTIPLAYER: 1

OH MY GOD! I dont even know where to start. The multiplayer mode on XBOX Live is so bad, I really dont know why they added it. I really hope that patch it up soon because the way it is right now, is a disgrace. The lag you experience in a match with more than 4 people is ridiculous. You cant shoot anything becuase they jump around so much. Until the patch comes out, if there is one, this gets a 1.

OVERALL: 9

I really think that this game had potential. It does its job well enough to justify the 50 dollar purchase, but if you can rent this, do that instead. You can easily beat this in one or two days if you really try. Its a shoot game with a low difficulty level. Dont buy it for the multiplayer becuase that will only lead to dissapointment. Overall it is a game that will keep you entertained for a little bit and is worth 50 dollars if you are willing to spend it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/16/06