Review by SmokeX5

"Gears of War the 360's Killer App? Simply put, YES!"

Epic has done it again. They have created an astounding game once more. This game, Gears of War has set the bar of Next-Gen to a new level!

Graphics: 10
These graphics in Gears of War revolutionize the Xbox360 and its capabilities. It has to make a tremendous series. These graphics not only look fantastic, but they have a very unique detail that makes it interesting. In my opinion, these are the best graphics out on a console.

Sound: 10
While playing this game, the sound is so realistic that one would think that he/she is in the battle! The sound is from the guns, the ground, and even in the atmosphere! The sound is a fantastic feature about Gears of War. Without such great sound in this game, Gears would have a whole different mind set.

Storyline: 8
The story line is, meh. The reason I gave the storyline a 8 is becuase its not your all time epic-hit story line, nor is it a failure. It is just average. And the fact at the end of the game, it leaves off alot for a sequel. But what really gave the story a low score was, the fact that it just leaves you hanging at the end of the game.

Gameplay: 10
The idea of cover and shoot, was a great idea implemented by Epic games that was original and unique in every shooter. The 3rd person tactical shooter connected with the games aspect. The whole game runs smooth and has an action packed gameplay. Right when one enters the game it starts out with a battle all the way until the end of the game. The gameplay in Gears of War may not be original, but its done right! And let me tell you, its alot of fun on co-op!

Multiplayer: 9
Although the multiplayer has no clan features, which everyone hopes there will be an update for, the game's online and splitscreen multiplayer is definitely one of the games best features. The online multiplayer consists of three options, Player Matches, Ranked Matches, and Online Co-op. Player and Ranked Matches are usually competitive with no lag, running smooth, and top of the edge maps. Co-op is very useful because at some parts, someone needs help, right? So join your friends and play against them, and even with them fighting against the Locust, and even the COG!

Replay Value: 9
I can see myself playing this game for well over a year or two, or maybe even longer. This game is great if you have xbox live because if one has just single player to do, there is just getting to beat the Insane difficulty and occasionaly playing with friends on splitscreen multiplayer and co-op. The online part of the game will have people addicted with a great lag-free atmosphere.

Closing Notes:
Gears of War is a must buy game for the Xbox360. Sure it is very bloody and does have alot of swearing involved, but a shooter fanatic would instantly fall in love with the game the first second in play. This game will definitely have another game in the series which we all hope is even better than the first.

FINAL SCORE: 8/10