Review by Brando1788

"Brando's Gears of War Review"

This is my first ever review on Gamefaqs. Hope you enjoy it's a great game but I'm here to state my opinion.

Graphics: 8.2/10

The Graphics in Gears of War are great but nothing really spectacular. To me it's just another decent looking game like Halo 3 game, Play's great but there are much better ones. Take Call of Duty 4 for an example. That game's graphics are amazing. To me Gears of War's Graphics are like any other decent game of this generation.

Control's: 9.2/10

I'm sure many people disagree with this but I think gears of war's controls are one of the best I've seen on the xbox 360. The reloading system is by far the best in the industry. Get a good reload. Save time, but one bad reload could cause you your death! You'll certainly get used to the controls quickly, but using the a button for running, jumping over things, getting out over cover etc sometimes gets annoying but you're able to forgive this because the rest are just so damn good!

Plot: 8/10

Although the plot was not supposed to be mentioned in the game too much because there is supposed to be novels and movies coming soon. But the plot in gears is obviously huge and complicated like Halo's story. There are so many questions to be answered about it. So this catagorie's doesn't really count.

Sound: 7.9/10

The sound in gears of war was compelling and made you very self-confident to chainsaw locust. But sometimes you get tired of the same old songs and sometimes forget there is even music playing. Gears has the same soundtrack playing over and over. If it wasn't for how realistic the game sounds this would be a straight up 7/10. The sound of the game is amazing the bayonet sounds so real and the voice acting is great!

Replayability: 10/10

Since there isn't really a story that you would like to know all over again replaying this game is just as fun as the first. Except this time you're much better and you know more on what to do. And you since there is the whole 2 path choices thing epic games put in you can choose the opposite way you went last time you played and see how it turns out. You'll be more experienced and this time for once it will be funner the second time.

Overall: 8.9/10

Gears of War is one of the best xbox 360 games and last year it was well deserved of ultimate game of the year. I loved it, I'm sure you will/did too and I'm really excited for Gears of War 2!

Brando

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/08

Game Release: Gears of War (US, 11/07/06)