Review by Spoiled Meat

"Does it stand up to GTA?"

First of all I wanna say that I was excited when I first heard about this game. It seemed to get better and better every time I heard about it but I never got the chance to try the demo, so I just went out and bought it.

The graphics in this game are very good for the genre. It's just a GTA but way more polished and clear if you play it on HDTV. The reflexions, character models, and even the weather are all done very well. The graphics are definitely an upgrade from GTA and bring something completely new to this lacking genre.

This is where the fun is. Omg the things you can do in this game. From all of the side missions where you do anything from Demolition Derby to insurance fraud and drug trafficing. Just driving around and wrecking is fun, especially since you can fly out the windsheild making it more realistic. The missions are all pretty fun and vary in difficulty. I'll say this much, the gameplay will get you hooked. Also its pretty neat how your homies if you recruit them to go with you will just shoot or fight anything you do, no matter who it is. One complaint though is the fact that there is no bikes,planes,or boats. I know I wish they were in the game.

This is where I thought the game lacked a little bit. You have the radio just like in GTA, but all the music is not known. I would much rather listen to original music while driving around then stuff I have never heard or heard of before. One thing you can do though is use your characters MP3 player and customize music which is a decent feature, but just doesn't quite fix the radio.

Your average gangster story here. You control a character that will end up working for a few different gangs and earn respect as you try to take out other gangs in all kinds of missions.

Final Notes:
I thought this game was done very well. Its definitely not perfect but it's good for the first game in the series. It should be a lot better if they make a second one. I definitely suggest if you like this game genre that you pick this game up. Its a buy because its pretty long and you can always turn it on and cause some kinda havoc.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/01/06