Review by dafreestyleking

"Dear A.I. opponent, can I use an attack on you please?"

Hello, my name is dafreestyleking, and this is my DOA 4 review for the XBOX 360. Is this game fun and exciting, or boring like the San Antonio Spurs, lets find out.

Let me start off by saying I have bought a couple of DOA games in the past. I'm not a diehard DOA fan, but I always appreciated the beauty of the women in this game.

STORY-7/10

Fighting games aren't known for having good storylines, and DOA 4 is no exception. Most of the fighters are trying to destroy a company called DOATEC. However, most of the end game cutscenes, while beautiful, have nothing to do with the main storyline at all.

GRAPHICS-9/10

The characters in this game are designed beautifully. The girls are back with their big boobs and look better than ever on the XBOX 360. The background stages are all very detailed and imaginative. Team Ninja definitely does not disappoint in the graphics department. What I was impressed with the most was the end game cutscenes for all of the fighters, very impressive.

SOUND-6/10

When you get punched or kicked in this game, lot only does it look painful, but it sounds painful too. While the music in this game isn't catchy like the music in a Street Fighter game, it was good enough for me to enough it. But what lowers the sound score for me is the lack of english voiceovers. It's weird to see the American fighters with Japanese accents, but it's not a big deal.

CHARACTERS-8/10

One problem I have with the Virtua Fighter series is how lame their fighters look. That's not a problem with DOA. This series has always had cool looking characters, but I wish they would tone down how effeminate some of the males characters look though, especially Eliot.

GAMEPLAY-5/10

This is where the game truly fails. The A.I. in this game is insanely difficult to play against, even on the normal difficulty setting. During story mode there is only one match per round, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it. Normally when I play fighting games, I prefer two rounds, but this game is so hard, the fewer rounds the better I say.

And this game isn't hard because of the learning curve, it's hard because the the cheap A.I. From my personal experience, it doesn't matter what you do, the A.I. will counter most of your attacks, and destroy you quickly. And speaking of that, I don't like how fast matches end in this game. These are supposed to be some of the best fighters in the world, why are they defeated in 25 seconds?

A couple of kicks/punches and your life bar is almost gone. Hopefully they tone down the amount of damage attacks do in DOA 5. So like the San Antonio Spurs, this game cheats and always puts you in a disadvantage.

PROS:
-Cool characters
-Great graphics
-You can get if for around $30 bucks now.

CONS:
-Cheap, frustrating, and difficult A.I.
-Lack of english voice overs.
-With all of the cheating, this game reminds me of the San Antonio Spurs.

There aren't that many fighting games on the XBOX 360, so you can either wait for Virtua Fighter 5, or pick this game up. It's a decent game, but the insane A.I. will piss you off.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/11/07

Game Release: Dead or Alive 4 (US, 12/29/05)