Review by bradonius

"Best B-Ball Game Ever"

I absolutely love sports games. You could probably say they're my favorite type of video game. When I got my 360, the only notable sports game was Madden, which was a dud. So when I heard this game was coming out for 360, I was ecstatic (I'm a rabid college basketball fan). Would it measure up?

Ok, so the sound isn't the greatest in the world, but it's decent for a sports game. The commentators are lame, though they do say the players names if you enter them in. They'll go on loops of saying the same things over and over again. For example: "Passes to the guard, passes to the center, passes to the forward." Otherwise, there's some good stuff here. Good, realistic court sounds, including player chatter. And on the menus there's some great fight song stuff. So all in all, if you want a game for it's sound, this is probably not it.

One of the good things about the 360 is it's graphics and this game does not disappoint. The player models are actually pretty detailed and smooth looking. The uniforms move with the player realistically and ALL the animations are amazing. From the jump stop to a rebound, you can't beat this game. One thing that this game also got right, is the crowd animations. They're not cardboard cutouts and they react to the game very well. The courts are very realistic as well. The texture is excellent.

The meat of College Hoops 2K6. First, I have to comment on the physics. Some of the best I have ever seen in a sports game. The players move swiftly and are not robotic or anything. When you shoot the ball, the ball bounces around the rim realistically. Even when you go up for a shot, they have the timing perfected. Content wise, you get pretty much everything that you get in the other versions of the game. Legacy mode is where it's at. And of course, online play.

Replay Value: 10/10

With a game like this, you could very well be playing many seasons on Legacy mode. Online will set you up with players from around the world 24/7. So the replay on this game is basically endless.

Recap

Pros:

+Super realistic physics
+Accurate stats and season mode
+Slick graphics

Cons:

-Commentators are lame
-If you dont enjoy b-ball games, you wont enjoy this one.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/17/06