Review by shags2dope78

"Very impressed with this game!"

I first rented this game and it only took an hour of gaming with it to see that this was a game that I had to buy. I had little hope for this game after I heard some of my friends on Xbox Live tell me complaint after complaint about it. But I must say that it has impressed me.

First, you might want to check out the opening movie for the game. Just leave it on the title screen for a minute and it will show up. It is a pretty good opening movie for the game. Anyways, when you first start the game you are introduced to your character, Frank, and photographer/journalist. You have heard strange reports coming from a small town so you go to investigate. As you head through the city, you see strange things happening and you go to the mall. That is where the action happens.

The storyline will have you hooked. It has a very deep story that will make you want to find out more. I must say that this game has one of the best storylines of all the games I've played. As you progress through the game, you level up where you gain new skills, increase in stats, and moves. You have 72 hours (in-game time of course) to get the story of what's going on so you progress through different missions which are called cases.

If you do not finish in the given 72 hours, you can save your character and you will have all the same stats that you had, but you will have to restart all the missions. This might sound stupid and frustrating, but trust me when I say that it's not. When you are in between missions, you have side missions you can do where you basically save people from the zombies and bring them to the safe area.

If you are looking for a game with a deep storyline and great gameplay, this is the game for you. The game can be difficult at times, but nothing the average gamer couldn't handle. If you are a fan of zombie games, you will want to make love with this game! Anyone who is the least bit interested in this title should look into at least renting this because it is worth every penny.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/17/06