Review by LiquidSnake3

"One hell of a joy ride! Zombies, Pretty Ladies, Anything as a weapon!? Capcom's done it again!"

Dead Rising, people thought that this was going to be based off of the classic George A. Romero films, it even said that it had nothing to do with the creators of the films. Capcom has always had a thing for survival horror games, they defined survival horror. But instead of a police/special forces soldier, you play as Frank West, Photojournalist. You are looking for the story of a life time. Too bad the story he finds might just cost him his life.

Games these days need eye candy, something to pull the consumer in. Dead Rising brings you just that. The humans look real, the zombies look amazing (even though they may have missing body parts). The cut-scenes play a huge roll in this as well. The expressions on a persons face tells that they don't want to die, or they are hiding something. The graphics are great, simple as that.

Game play: 10/10
The game play is different from anything else. You gain abilities through out the game, like lifting and throwing zombies, tackling opponents, you name it. You get to use anything as a weapon, wanna use a book? Go for it. Chair, bench, hell even a pie? Use it. The game itself has thousands of ways to kill a zombie, you can even use vehicles. And thats just the beginning, rescue survivors, give them weapons and lead them to a safe area, take pictures with your camera. The possibilities are endless. Plus the controls are great too, so you don't have to worry about throwing your controller down.

The game has a good cast of people that add a special touch to the game. The dialog is great. The soundtrack was also good.

Other: 8/10
World leader-boards on Xbox live for the amount of days you can survive in a mall, and thats basically it.

Final Rating=10/10

End note:
If I were you, I would get this game, if you can rent it and get it, I would do that as well. The game is so well done, it will quickly lock you in for a ride that you will never forget. Dead Rising is that good. I always thought that summer was a drought for good video games, but this summer we were able to get a great game in stores, and that game, is Dead Rising.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/17/06