Review by DarthRLink

"A definitive Survival Horror game."

Dead Rising is a great survival horror game with few problems. Capcom once again knows how to do Zombie games and do them right. It's not a Resident Evil but it's still a good zombie game and one with story a little like the movie Dawn of the Dead but different in it's own right. Without further ado lets get right down to reviewing this game.

Fun, really fun and with everything as a weapon its fairly diverse. You can take pictures for bonus PP which are used to level up much like in any Eastern RPG and you can learn new moves to take down zombies and other enemies in the game with as well as more "stock" to hold more items to heal or attack with and more health so you can take more hits. You can drive cars and splatter zombies easily. Problems I see are that some weapons do nothing or break too easily and too many food items heal very little.

Very good. Look very realistic and its nice to see human models look as good as the monsters for once. I do see the usual certain items disappear and reappear when you walk away and comeback that you see in a lot of games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but really that doesn't really bother me too much.

The story is well done though does seem a little stock however it kept me guessing at times and overall I liked it.

Replay: 8/10
One of the beauties of this game is the fact that you carry your character's stats from one game to another so if you wanted to use that character from one game to another you can. One problem is, you only have one character per memory unit.

Music: 8/10
I liked the music in the game. It ranged from the stereotypical "mall music" to the intense music of the boss battles. Overall it was good and well placed.

Length: 9/10
Despite being a "timed" game it's fairly long and you seem to always have something to do and if you want you can ignore the main story entirely and you would still have something to do that whole time.

Rent or Buy: Buy
You will need to buy this if you want to do everything or at least rent it for a month and play it much more than you would usually. So this is a definite buy.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/08

Game Release: Dead Rising (US, 08/08/06)