Review by ttt_brooks

"Don't have to be cowboy wanna-be to enjoy this game!"

This game is a third-person shooter set in the old-west. You start to see action fairly early in the game and it only gets crazier as you continue on with the game. I was pretty skeptical when I picked up this game, seeing as I've never been a fan of western anything but really quickly I found myself really enjoying the experience that Gun presents.

Graphics- 7/10

Not bad... the graphics can pretty much be summed up with those two words. The graphics aren't amazing even by the standards of the other 360 launch window games. That said, they aren't poor graphics either, the player models are good with excellent fine details, such as on the characters clothing. The effects are good with blood flying when you shoot people, you can see leaves falling from trees, and debris flying when something explodes.

The environments are sprawling and well done. The game has a great draw distance which, while it doesn't compare to games like Oblivion, it still helps to impress upon you the large area in which you are playing.

Gameplay- 9/10

The gameplay in Gun is amazing. The combat is fluid and fast paced, whether hacking someone with a tomahawk or shooting someone with a rifle. The problem I have found with many 3rd person shooters is that targeting your weapons while moving throughout the world can be problematic. Gun has managed to overcome this problem and I found that not only was the targeting easy to manage it was really enjoyable to shoot things on the fly from horseback.

Another great aspect of the game is the variety of side-quests that are available if one grows tired of the main story-line. For those who have jumped on the Texas-Hold 'em bandwagon there is a fun poker mini-game. These sidequests range from working on a cattle ranch to a hunting quest line and serve to boost your characters stats. In truth I found that the side quests were at times even more fun than the central story-line.

Story- 8/10

The story is fairly deep and definitely immersive, really early on you get caught up in it and you really grow interested in what happens to the characters next. You don't have to be a fan of western's at all to thoroughly enjoy this story, though for anyone who is I think they will have a real treat with this game. The only possible complaint that I have with the story is the fact that it is fairly short, the game will probably only take you about 12 hours to complete.

Overall- 8/10

This game is good buy for 360. Although the graphics are nothing special the interesting gameplay and solid storyline make for an enjoyable and worthwhile experience. It's particularly a good buy now, since because the game is a year old many retailers have dropped the price. If you are looking for a fun game to pick up for your 360 you won't go wrong with Gun.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/18/06