Question from EggRoll_666

How to unlock Samurai Edge?

Could someone tell me how I would exactly go about unlocking the Samurai Edge for the story mode please?

Thank you in advance.

From: Dusk_vanguard 5 years ago

You can't get it.
The next closest thing is the fully upgraded 92F with the unlimited ammo unlocked.

Aside from that...there's no item in the game named after that. Unless you count Wesker's handgun in Mercenaries mode, and you can't even use that in story mode.

I dont know but I know that its not the M3R whatever mariokartguy was talking about. I've seen it used by Wesker (S.T.A.R.S) from prison. It's a two shot kill for zombies usually. Very good weapon. Dont know how to get it yet.

To unlock Samurai Edge Custom Fully upgrade the M92F Pistol

what are you talking about people you can't unlock it you can only find it in the mercenaries mode with wesker ( S.T.A.R.S)

what are you talking about people ??!!! you can't unlock it you can only find it in the mercenaries mode with wesker ( S.T.A.R.S)

There are two versions of the Samurai Edge in this game- one is the custom one, unlocked by fully upgrading the first pistol you get (M92F) which can then be bought for 30,000.

Unfortunately you're probably talking about the pistol that Wesker S.T.A.R.S uses, another version which is actually called 'Samurai Edge'. Its safe to assume that because no-one has yet figured out how, you cannot unlock this. Stupid really, considering how awesome it is...

IIRC Wesker has a one-of-a-kind weapon in RE4 as well... they do like to tease us

There are 2 versions of the Samurai Edge. There is the M93R (Samurai Edge Custom) and the one wesker uses in merc mode. The M93R can be unlocked by fully upgrading the M92F (the first pistol you get) but the Samurai Edge Wesker uses in merc mode can not be unlocked for story mode.

No, The M93R is the pistol that Claire gets in Resident Evil Code Veronica, and the Samurai Edge is only had by Wesker is Mercs mode

Ok, just found out, You cannot UNLOCK the Samurai Edge for Story Mode in RE5, when you fully upgrade the handgun (M92F) you get a M93R (Matilda from RE4), the only way you can use the Samurai Edge is by playing as Wesker in Mercs. Sorry for the big let down. Sucks, but eh maybe next time.... :'(

The Samurai Edge is only available for Wesker in Mercenaries. The Samurai Edge is not available for story mode.

Mmkay people. Let's clear this up.

You cannot unlock the Samurai Edge. It is only usable by Wesker (S.T.A.R.S) in The Mercenaries. You CAN, however, unlock the M93R, which is similar, by fully upgrading the M92F. This will make the M93R available for purchase for 30,000 gold.

Now, as to the history part:

The M93R was the handgun Claire used in Code:Veronica. It could be upgraded to the custom 3-round-burst model found in RE:5.

The Matilda, however, was the handgun Leon used in RE:2. It was also upgradable to a 3-round-burst model, which is available for purchase in RE:4 after completing the game.

And yes, Wesker also had a unique handgun in RE:4. It was not the handgun itself, but a silencer for the original Handgun. It did silence the gun, but in The Mercenaries, this was totally useless.

Just like everyone is saying fully upgrade the M9 handgun, and who ever said that you can only get it in mercenaries as Wesker you dont know anything.

The M93R isn't just similar to the Samurai Edge... it's a custom version.

Perhaps it will become available with the dlc when it is released!