My friend can't join my game in co-op (why?)

1. I've tried setting up a game and inviting my friend but each time it says game canceled after he accepts. I tried setting up a game with invite only and open but he couldn't find my name in the list. What is the easiest way to setup a game and play with a friend?

User Info: SummerlinW

SummerlinW - 7 years ago

1. It's his or your NAT. You have incompatible networks.

User Info: DarkForceRising

DarkForceRising - 7 years ago 1 2

1. It could be either yours or his NAT. If you're running your internet through a router, try running a direct connection into your 360. Eg; try running the cable from your modem into your 360. I've had the same problem happen to me with a friend of mine and it only happens with him. Running a direct connection solved the problem for me.

User Info: srh-kingspade

srh-kingspade - 7 years ago 2 2
  2. I have some trouble with that as well. The best way I found out with my friend was to have one person set up a game and tell the other person which level/difficulty and such and let the other person join a game and search for that specific game. If the game is unique enough(it usually is) the person searching should be able to find the game under the other persons name very easily.

User Info: MistaCloudStrif

MistaCloudStrif - 7 years ago 0 3
  3. On xbox live i have the same issue. have urself make a game and make it oped to everyone and have ur friend search for your game instead of inviteing him it also gives a better connection.

User Info: darthmaul1995

darthmaul1995 - 7 years ago 0 2
  4. An easier option if you need to work through a router like I have to, you can try port mapping on the modem
    done this a while back and don't have any problems anymore
    just type in a search engine ports xbox 360 and you should get the corresponding ports and protocols with it
    you also need to now how to do port mapping before you start this option

User Info: Zombie_Hunter13

Zombie_Hunter13 - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. When you start the game,2nd player has to press start.

User Info: narutofan629

narutofan629 - 7 years ago 0 2
  6. Either you or him has a closed port
    on your modem or router

User Info: ApocalypticFire

ApocalypticFire - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. Try turning unlimited ammo off if its on

User Info: true_tokeo55

true_tokeo55 - 6 years ago 0 0
  8. Are you sure that you don't have Rogue status set? The Rogue setting prevents people from entering your game. You can change it before start a game right before you reach the organize screen.

User Info: M4rch3

M4rch3 - 6 years ago 0 0
  9. Try invite only and send him a game invite he wont be able to find u on the list because u have it on invite only

User Info: CrazyResevilfan

CrazyResevilfan - 6 years ago 0 0