Review by DarthRLink

"A good game is in there but it's crap factor is large"

The infamous Sonic disaster of 2006 isn't nearly as bad as it is made out to be but there are some serious issues and the game feels rushed. There are many problems such as glitches and load times but the game play is fun and the music is very much like the two Sonic Adventure titles for the Dreamcast.

Fun and a lot like recent Sonic titles however the "Super Speed" parts are terrible and you must memorize them to clear them. Sonic moves a little slow for being the fastest thing alive and Silver is slow and his game play is awful but Shadow's levels as well as most of Sonic's levels are good.

Music: 8/10
Like I said before, its much like the Sonic Adventures and it's ilk. The main theme is very well done and the stage music is as well. But still I can think of better game soundtracks.

I don't really want a Sonic game to look very realistic but that's me. Graphics are good but I feel human models could use some work, other than that there isn't much to say.

Load times: 1/10
Horrible. This is what kills this game. You need to load it for ten seconds just for instructions, then another ten to play. Two for the hopes of one, what a deal.

Difficulty/ Learning Curve: 7/10
The game assumes you know what to do to begin with as this first level has a "super speed" section which involves turning at just the right moment, at just the right time. After you get the hang of it though, it has a decent curve.

Voice Acting: 5/10
Pretty Bad. Most of the voices are annoying in my opinion. The lines are terrible as well. A few decent voice actors as well as a few bad ones are in this so its about half and half but over all below average.

Story:6/10
A very generic story is included where a blue hedgehog must save the day from certain destruction involving a princess and seven chaos emeralds while running into old and new friends along the way. The story mode is long enough but its all this game has so I think it should be longer.

Its okay, it certainly isn't great but not awful either.

Rent or Buy: Rent
If you do like it, you wont for more than a week or so. So unless you are a hard core Sonic fan rent it but I think buying it for twenty bucks isn't too bad.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/08

Game Release: Sonic the Hedgehog (US, 11/14/06)