Question from thegreatksone

Has anyone experienced a second Altair on the road to Arsuf?

I am on the road to Arsuf to kill Robert and once I go from the kingdom into Arsuf I start to walk the path. I pass or kill the three archers shooting over the cliff and then I encounter a second Altair who mimics my controls and eventually both of the Altairs fight each other. I am unable to kill any of the templars in the red helmets in the mission and I cannot pass the large group of knights on the road. It happens each time I get to Arsuf and if I turn off the game and restart I go back to Jerusalem and start over from there. I have killed three Templars on the way to Arsuf and they are alive every time I retry this mission and the flags I have collected are back in the same places as before. Any ideas from anyone?

From: ThunderCavalier 6 years ago

Unplug your other controller connected. It's a well-known glitch where any other controllers plugged in when playing the game can sometimes spawn a second Altair. It MAY seem awesome.... until you learn that the second Altair shares your health bar.

What he said ^

I had this problem too... I killed the three archers and if I tried to proceed I would fall through the ground and die. when I respawned at the entrance there was another altair and he wouldn't go away. I just continued on to the wooden barrier and killed the guys around it. for some reason Altair II can't climb ladders, so he got left behind at this wall. later on, just after the cutscene, he will randomly fall and respawn next to you. you then have to fight the guys with only counter kills, otherwise Altair II will try to kill you. once you get to Robert, he should disappear.