Review by ROHACOPE

"Unique and exhillerating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

First, let me say that I LOVE games that are set amongst backdrops of real history. That being said, let me assure you that if you have interest in a game that will literally drop you into the middle of the holy land in the midst of the third crusade, LOOK NO FURTHER!!!!!!!!

As a representation of the time this game is without flaw. Each of the three cities are alive and brimming with activity. NPC's are everywhere, and serve as an integral part of the heros enviroment. If this game was a movie, it would win an Academy award for its wardrobe. However, all historical accuracies aside, gameplay is what matters and AC delivers in a BIG way. Whether moving slowly amongst the crowd or racing along the rooftops of any of the 3 LARGE cities, you always have the feel of total control. Combat is extremely satisfying thanks to a unique guard and counter system which will have you striding confidently into battle despite being heavily outnumbered. The sounds of the city are easily just as impressing as the sights. With an obviously middle eastern theme the music really helps the player immerse him or herself into the world of AC. Also, I might add, the voice acting in this game is light years beyond what we have come to expect from a game.

In addition to your nine major targets there are plenty of secondary targets, citizen saves, pickpocket missions, etc...., more than enough to give the game better than average replay. I personally cant wait to have all the flags located, which will take quite some time I'm guessing. Frankly, I'm glad to finally have a game featuring a medevil theme and medevil combat that doesnt have spells, wizards, and elves which is another aspect of this game that makes it extremely fresh and unique. The folks at UBIsoft have obviously put a lot of work into this game and it shows, which is why I dont quite understand why this game is getting so much negative press. Hopefully, more older players will give AC a shot thus gaining this game the audience it deserves, the real mature audience. The same audience that appreciates more than just swears, boobs, and chainsaw bloodbaths.

Gameplay =9
Each individual action is mapped very well to the controller. This game is the first of this gen that gives me that "zen" feeling, where you completely forget about the controller in your hands. Reinitializing missions is slightly annoying.

Graphics =10
With a truly unique take on a particularly dramatic time period, this game gives the impression of being alive due to its wonderful enviroments, silky smooth animation, and lighting effects so real you can feel the heat from the sunrays.

Sound =10
Pulls you into the game with its atomosperic style. Best voice acting I've ever heard in a game

Replay =8
Fortunately there are plenty of minor tasks to keep you busy.

Sound = 10
Drags you into the game. Best voice acting I've heard in a game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/07

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)