Review by misterdizz

"Game of The Year- Assassin's Creed"

This game stunned me with its brilliance. From the incredible crowds (lifelike and believable and NUMEROUS) to the beautiful environments and incredible details, this is as good a game as I have ever played. To top of the amazing achievements in building a living and seamless world, the people responsible made a riveting action/adventure with a fascinating story.

I will replay this game a few times, easily..and that is rare for me. I am amazed at the brilliant controls, the ridiculous level of detail and the tremendous level design. This is easily ten times as good as the Prince of Persia games. It is the first truly "next gen" game I own, and that includes Mass Effect. While so many small elements in Mass Effect are semi-good, Assassin's Creed has no such weak areas, in my opinion. If ever there was a game that deserves "Game of the Year" it is Assassin's Creed, the best surprise of this holiday season!

I suggest you buy it, and you will have a blast...maybe through several replays!

GRAPHICS: 10 out of 10; amazingly seamless and huge, there are virtually no load times as you run freely across the rooftops or through the streets of historically-based ancient cities. I still am in awe of all the tiny details you encounter as yo climb and jump and drop and run!!! Amazing!

GAMEPLAY: 9 out of 10; no stupid health packs, no annoying HUD bars; this game is fast, fun, adventurous and original. I like the melee combat, and you even get to dispatch foes from atop your horse!! I love the assassination missions and the free-roaming aspect makes it such a joy to explore. The way you can approach each assassination however you prefer makes it even more free-form. Everything is fun in this game. The brutal kills are a blast, too!

SOUND: 10 out of 10; the music and sound effects are incredibly good. Listen to how the horse hooves sound different over various terrains; the sword fight sounds are cool, and the speech expressed by the endless number of NPCs is staggering and fun to listen to.

REPLAYABILITY: Moderate to High; This is a fun enough experience that you will want to play it over again, at least once. Plus, there are HUNDREDS of flags to find and collect and so many locations to explore. It is a blast to play, so that always leads people to run through the story again and again.

SUMMARY: 10 out of 10; This is one of only two 360 games I will probably never trade in (Obliviion and this title); I have played games since 1980's and this is one of the best-produced, most throroughly refined games I have ever played. They worked very hard to deliver a finished product (many game companies DO NOT) so the way to reward them is to BUY THIS GAME and support it as The Game of The Year.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/07

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)