Review by TCxSpartan

"Assassin's Creed is a true classic."

Assassin's Creed is by far one of the best games released this year, but not everyone thinks that way. This game is not for everyone; which is why I suggest you rent the game first. I was arrogant and knew I would love the game, so I bought it straight up, and thank god I fell in love with it.

The only flaw of the gameplay is the repetitiveness of the game. Other than that, the sword fights are fun if you mix your attacks up a little bit. I always enjoy running on the buildings, it's so much easier to get to destinations, and it's easy to assassinate the guards on the rooftops without others knowing. The challenge of killing a target is always nerve wracking; I always find myself a bit nervous in the long cut scene before I kill my target, which is a definite good thing. They leave you impatient and ready to kill your target.

The graphics of this game are, simply put, beautiful. The landscapes, the character models, you definitely feel like you're right there with Altair, just because of these amazing graphics.

The story is good, and as you get closer to the end of the game, the "sub-story" starts to get slightly more intense. Altair's end of the story, however, I find not quite interesting, until after killing your final target... and then there is a very surprising twist. For the most part, the story is good.

Controls: 9/10

The controls are a little strange at first, but soon you'll be knowing them like the back of your hand. Since it's not a shooter, I think these type of controls are pretty reasonable.

Replay Value: 8/10

The game is definitely worth at least one play through, but it might not be extremely worthwhile. The achievements are challenging (such as collecting all of the flags), so that increases replay value by a lot.

And by those sub-reviews, my average is 9/10. This game is definitely, in my opinion, Game of the Year material. It will be a classic for years to come, just like previous single player games in the past, like Orcarina of Time. In my opinion, this game doesn't really need multiplayer, its single player has enough amazing and engrossing features that will keep you playing for at least a little while. And I am definitely looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/07

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)