Review by Saru129

"Made a believer out of me, and will make a believer out of you too"

When I first heard about Assassins Creed, I have to admit, I wasn't that excited. I had no countdown on my calendar, no mental note to rush out and grab a copy. I figured I was just going to play it whenever I got the chance. One day I was at my place of work, a mom-and-pops video game store, and I saw a used AC sitting on one of the shelves. I figured, no time like the present, and I got it. Boy, was I surprised by what I found.

Graphics 10/10

The graphics in this game are amazing. Every time I play I think I'm in the middle of a Final Fantasy cut scene, the graphics are that good. The graphics don't hiccup during battles, nor do they during dramatic cinema sequences. The cities and the citizens look alive, almost as if you were in the city with them. The overall feel makes it feel as if you were actually inside the Animus.

Sound 9/10

The sound is not as amazing as the graphics, but they are good none-the-less. When people chastise you, a feeling of guilt emerges. The sounds of the cities enhance the feel of an amazing game and an amazing experience. But why a 9? Because the voices of the beggars and idiots can get grating after a while.

Story 10/10

The storyline feels like it came out of a best-selling book. It is beautifully well written with plenty of twists and turns which take the player for mind trips. This game would not be complete without the great story that the writers put together. Especially with the cut scene glitch mechanic, taking certain key events and looking at those events from the participant's perspective, not just the players.

Gameplay 9/10

The real meat of the game. The battle system is simplistic, but is easy to learn and understand. The investigation for the missions is fun and engaging while the free quests turn the entire world into a living breathing city. Being able to walk from one end of the city to the other and see hundreds of different people while still completing your objective makes this game fun. The battles make use of a simply complex battle system that will take some time to get used to, and fleeing the battles is almost as fun as fighting them. The miscellaneous quests are also fun and engaging, if tiresome. But the battles do get repetitive, but the fun of the hunt surpasses all shortcomings.

Overall 9/10

I was not a believer at first, nor was I a fanatic. Before Halo 3 came out, I was counting down the days till launch. As you read this I am anxiously awaiting Super Smash Bros Brawl coming out next year. And I am waiting with bated breath for my chance to play Mass Effect. This game was in the news, it was in the papers, it was on the web, but I was oblivious to most of it. However, once I picked up this game, my whole perspective changed. I doubt that I will find a single player game this enjoyable that I did not expect to be.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/26/07

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)