Review by Altair1990

"Ubisoft Swings, Hits, Homerun!"

I must say. This game blew me away. The amount of detail in the mechanics of gameplay was astounding.

Gameplay - 9/10 Gameplay...one word: addicting. The game's mechanics are incredibly complex and obviously well thought through. The ability to assassinate someone, and then disappear into the crowd leaving no trace of you ever being there is great fun. Leaping from roof to roof to avoid the crowds is great fun, as well!

Storyline - 10/10 I think the main thing that amazed me was the complexities of the storyline. My experience with action games thus far has been, suffice it to say, somewhat boring. While action games can be fun, their storylines are usually somewhat lackluster. Not the case in Assassin's Creed. The storyline grips you from the beginning, with an intricate and well thought-out opening to the story. And you stay hooked from there on.

Graphics - 10/10 Amazingly detailed graphics. Even the small details were included, such as Altair bending one knee to put a foot up on a hill when standing on an incline, or his cloak flowing as he jumps runs and swings through Damascus, Jerusalem, and other cities.

Dialogue - 10/10 It's great. The characters are witty, the script is deep, and the words being said all have meaning. I was cracking up at some of the things citizens would say as I would climb walls and buildings.

Sound - 9/10 This game's sound effects are stunning. You feel as though you can hear the blaes clashing and the flesh being rent right next to you. I was blown away by the realism in the sound in this game

Playtime NA/Replayability - 10/10 I can't really comment on how long it will take you to complete the game. It depends on your dedication, and how quickly you work out the assassinations. As for replayability, this game is a 10/10. Even after you've beaten the game, there's a lot more to do. You can complete all the side missions, collect the flags, etc. This game will provide you with hours of enjoyment even after beating the game!

Conclusion/Summary - This game is an absolutely amazing title to own or rent. Even if you rent it, you'll more than likely find yourself speeding to the nearest game store to purchase a copy for your very own. I love my copy, and I'm not planning on trading it in any time soon. Wonderful addition to your Xbox 360 (or PS3) library!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/25/07

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)