Review by Raynen1

"Hopefully, the sequel will have more replay value"

Because a game this good really deserves more. I'm proud to call this my first game for the 360. Assassin's Creed was so fun, I had a great time playing. But, I made a mistake while playing. I ran through the game as fast as I could. This was a mistake on my part. Please, for all those who have yet to play, savor the game! It's like the best thing you'll ever eat, but you can only enjoy it in all its glory! I mean, you can play it all again but it doesn't have that spark. However, running through the city while killing guards does so, pursue that instead.

Storyline: 9/10

Well, the story is great. Short, but great, up until the ending, which was a cliffhanger, inside AND outside of the animus. The dialogue is very enthralling, especially in the main plot. The assassination targets are very rich in personality, as well as background, seeing as though you investigate information about every single one. And, of course, the other characters are well-built. Though, the ending was a bummer, A cliffhanger! Shoot! My opinion on this MAY change after I play ACII (whenever it comes out), but until then, the story gets a 9. This game is not made legendary for its story. Basically, this game is no final fantasy, so don't expect a tear-jerking story that breaks your heart, because you just won't get one.

Gosh, Please excuse my language but the graphics INCREDIBLY FREAKING AMAZING. I shouldn't be comparing this game to the graphics of my wii games but, goodness, the graphics would make the game if that was all it had to offer. I was in pure awe at certain points in the game. You can see everything; from the entire city in lustrous detail, to the designs on your gauntlets. This game is drop-dead gorgeous. I can only assume the fps is extremely fast as well. I do remember the game lagging a LITTLE bit at Arsurf but that's about all.

Not much to sound, really. The music is very fitting, which is unfortunately for the best. I didn't feel the need to jam to the music or anything but I don't think Ubisoft had much room to work with in this department. But all is not lost as every time you hear that escape song (you'll know when you get the game), your heart will pound as you free-run and or fight your way back to the bureau. The voice-overs are, like all 360 games, perfect. So, what there is is perfectly fine.

On par with the graphics. This game is so ridiculously fun, it makes me feel like gaming has been cutting me short up until now. Others claim this game gets repetitive. I must agree. But, it's perfectly fine if you like what's being repeated. Some the investigations are... boring at worst. That part mostly ties in with the story. Though, the assassinations are very fun to do. I love poncing at them like a vigorous tiger. The very feeling makes me smile :]
Getting away is fun; tedious, but fun. You can either blend your way back (BORING) or you can fight your way through the entire city. Last, but not least (as well as my method), you can free-run from building top to building top, dispatching archers along the way. The gameplay was brilliantly executed. Good job, Ubisoft!

Controls: 10/10

The controls were done almost perfectly. I felt like it was me moving those legs myself, ignoring the fact that I would go bankrupt with all the hospital bills I'd have to pay if I tried any of that myself. I think this part had the greatest margin for error and thankfully, Ubisoft pulled through and made a great control scheme for a great game. Good job again, Ubisoft. You guys deserve it for pulling this off.

Replay Value: 8/10

The worst part of the game is that there isn't enough of it! This game was over way too quickly, for me at least. I was so interested in the story, then it made me go "what the hell was that?" Following that was me finding out about there being almost nothing to do after beating the game than to get flags and... achievements. ACHIEVEMENTS?! I WANT MORE ASSASSINATIONS, GODDAMMIT! Phew, had to vent there. Sorry bout that. This is the only letdown significant enough to drop the score down to a 9. Awesome, but not perfect.

Assassin's Creed was a wonderful experience. Though, gosh was it short. Then again, I went through the game in two 10 hour sessions so... yeah. I loved the interactivity of the game. You have a lot of freedom. It's no elder scrolls but it's still a very open-ended experience. I highly recommend you get this game. For only $30, you can experience the world of Assassin's Creed. Why are you still sitting there?! Run!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/23/08

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)