Review by ThunderCL0UD

"Close to Greatness"

Assassin's Creed is a action game involving stealth, fighting, and acrobatic running/jumping. Being a fan of stealth games like such as both the splinter cell series and the metal gear solid series, I had to play this game.

GRAPHICS - 9/10
The game looks absolutely gorgeous. The environments look full of life and are filled with excellent detail. The way you move Altair (the main character) around also looks simply wonderful, as the physics seem perfect. What keeps this game from getting a 10/10 for me were the characters. While some looked very good, they all looked very similar. Having a greater array of characters would keep a player from getting bored after looking at the same people from city to city.

SOUND - 9/10
Sound is extremely important in a stealth game, and Assassin's Creed makes sure that it's good. From the fight scene sounds, to the sound of Altair falling down from a building, and to the heart pounding of a chase, everything sounds great. But the sounds do get stale from time to time, and some changes throughout the game would be nice.

STORY - 8/10
While I will not give away anything from the story, I do have to say that it is quite good. There are a couple of twists in the plot, and I felt very intrigued while playing the game to keep playing in order to progress the story. It gets an 8 out of 10 because while it is good, it does lack depth. I would like to see the story more in the game and have it have greater meaning.

GAME PLAY - 6/10
First off, I have to mention that the controls for this game work extremely well. Sure, occasionally you jump somewhere you did not want to jump,but most the time things were spot on. So the acrobatic paramour running and the combat both work out very well. So why the low score? The game features four types of tasks: Assassinations, helping out citizens, eavesdropping, and interrogating. These are all good fun tasks. The problem is that city after city, they are the only tasks. They don't even get harder, the only thing that gets harder is that the guards start to pay more attention to you. The lack of variability is the ultimate downfall to the game. Everything else is pretty much spot on, but doing the same things over and over again really drop the game experience to making this just a mediocre game.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 03/06/09

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)