Review by zack125

""A thousand years between you and your ancestor, and society remains just as barbaric. Just as stupid.""

Before buying this game, I wanted to play this game in a while. I talked to a friend that I wanted to buy it but he told me not to get it because he found it boring and repetitive. Granted, this game is repetitive but I don't think it's boring at all. Actually, I think it's one of the most innovative games I've played in a while considering the games and franchises I usually play.

Gameplay
On the overworld, you can travel from town to town on a horse but even with that, the journey can be a bit long and tedious. Thankfully, after reaching a certain part of the game, you can choose which city you want to go and the game will teleport you there instantly.

Assassin's Creed is one of those games where it isn't forcing you to go down a linear path. With each target, you can choose where you want to go first and you can also leave at any giving time.

Now, before going to kill the nine different leaders, you have to gather information to locate them. To gather information, you have the option of eavesdropping, interrogating a suspect by punching him, doing a pickpocket so you can retrieve an item and finally, doing a job by an informant.

As for sidequests, there's not much to say, really. You can collect different flags, killing Templars and rescuing citizens. The flags are named differently in every town and there's also a different number of how much to collect. Killing Templars is different from killing regular soldiers. You have to kill 60 Templars and they are bit stronger than regular soldiers. For killing them all, you get an achievement. As for rescuing citizens, soldiers are tormenting them and it's up to you to save them.

Story
Without spoiling too much, the story takes place in 1191 AD. You're playing the role as Altair, an assassin. You have to assassinate nine different leaders. I already went into that so I won't explain myself again.

Graphics/Visuals
The graphics are quite good for the Xbox360. However, there is something that annoys me a bit. For instance, while performing an attack and you are close to a wall, Altair will go right through the wall. It's not something that can ruin the game but I still think it should be mentioned.

Play Time
The game should take at least 10-15 hours to complete. However, this game isn't for everybody due to the fact that it's repetitive. If you can bypass that, then you should definitely replay it again.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/25/09, Updated 12/22/09

Game Release: Assassin's Creed (US, 11/13/07)