Do biotics and techs used by your squad members count toward your total for Achievements?

1. I'm playing through and trying to clean up the rest of the achievements I have in the game, and I want to know if I can just blast through with a Soldier and use my other squad members to take care of the tech and biotic mastery achievements.

User Info: wobbuvahi

wobbuvahi - 8 years ago

1. AI Hacking, Neural Shock and stasis all need valid targets - organics for Shock, geth/turrets for hacking.

Most of the other ones you can cast at thin air and it'll work but a few of them need a target like the mako.

User Info: darglor

darglor - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Nope, Shepard has to use the biotics/techs if you want the achievements.
    But it isn't too hard to get them, just make an Adept and an Engineer and spam the powers on the Mako. I think this works in most cases.. some require you to actually fight your enemies though.
    I.. can't really remember which ones need actual living targets, sorry. :/

User Info: khrulez

khrulez - 8 years ago 2 0
  2. Unfortunately, you need to use the abilities for it to count toward the achievements. I believe some can be cast against walls (mainly the biotic ones, I believe) and some need actual people/creatures to cast them against. Your partners casting them will not affect the achievements.

User Info: Rydon7

Rydon7 - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. It only counts if Shepard uses the abilities. . .

User Info: Zeybrin

Zeybrin - 8 years ago 1 0
  4. No. You have to use them yourself.

User Info: knivesX2004

knivesX2004 - 8 years ago 1 0
  5. AI Hacking is the only one that NEEDS to be used on an enemy. But the tried-and-true method of reloading your saves after AI hacking an enemy works wonders.

User Info: RushMkIII

RushMkIII - 8 years ago 1 1