Question from wobbuvahi

Do biotics and techs used by your squad members count toward your total for Achievements?

I'm playing through and trying to clean up the rest of the achievements I have in the game, and I want to know if I can just blast through with a Soldier and use my other squad members to take care of the tech and biotic mastery achievements.

darglor answered:

AI Hacking, Neural Shock and stasis all need valid targets - organics for Shock, geth/turrets for hacking.

Most of the other ones you can cast at thin air and it'll work but a few of them need a target like the mako.
2 0

Answers

khrulez answered:

Nope, Shepard has to use the biotics/techs if you want the achievements.
But it isn't too hard to get them, just make an Adept and an Engineer and spam the powers on the Mako. I think this works in most cases.. some require you to actually fight your enemies though.
I.. can't really remember which ones need actual living targets, sorry. :/
2 0

Rydon7 answered:

Unfortunately, you need to use the abilities for it to count toward the achievements. I believe some can be cast against walls (mainly the biotic ones, I believe) and some need actual people/creatures to cast them against. Your partners casting them will not affect the achievements.
1 0

Zeybrin answered:

It only counts if Shepard uses the abilities. . .
1 0

KnivesX2004 answered:

No. You have to use them yourself.
1 0

RushMkIII answered:

AI Hacking is the only one that NEEDS to be used on an enemy. But the tried-and-true method of reloading your saves after AI hacking an enemy works wonders.
1 1